Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Satisfaction

I've been pretty swamped this past month or so with the hustle of life, including my Painting class and assignments, and 10 days of babysitting with my 3-year-old-niece, Maggie, while her folks cruised with her grandparents. So I'm just now getting around to catching up with myself and posting on the Blog.

18"x24" - Oil

This portrait is of my childhood friend, Barbara, who has recently moved back to Charleston after many years away. I wanted to paint this to honor her and the major change she has chosen to make in her life. She's quite satisfied to be back in the Lowcountry, amid family and old friends, the salt marshes and good old smelly plough (say "pluff", like "tough") mud! I really enjoyed painting this portrait, and I'm even thinking of taking a portrait commission or two. Portrait inquiries are welcome.

No comments: