Monday, October 21, 2013

Blake Street Tenement

30"x 40" - Oil on Canvas

This is a new piece that I submitted for the Lowcountry Artist of the Year Retrospective Exhibit, now showing at the City Gallery at Waterfront Part, 34 Prioleau St, Charleston.  The Gallery sits right behind the famous Pineapple Fountain in Waterfront Park.  This show is to honor this year's Griffith-Reyburn Lowcountry Artist of the Year, Charles Williams, a talented young artist from Georgetown.  All the past winners since 2004 of this generous and prestigious prize are also included in the exhibit and the museum is full with all our work. (I won it in 2011.)  The exhibit will be open through Sunday, October 27. Hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m

This is larger than my usual painting size, but I liked doing it so much that I have started another for this series. I like the abstract elements in this realistic rendering of an abandoned tenement house on Charleston's East Side. Perhaps if I paint more of them, another venue or exhibit or even sales will come.

PS - My 2014 Calendar of Charleston Paintings will available soon...look for a post about it.

No comments: